Have you ever been shopping for a baby shower or a first birthday and thought to yourself, I want to buy the little one a book, but which one? Fortunately there are thousands of baby books out there, but my son will tell you, not all children’s books are created equal. Children are fickle, but no with their literature. My son is loyal to his favorite titles. He carries them around with him, and flips through their pages repetitiously. He implores me to read these books over and over again.
A toddler will also let you know quickly if the book is not his cup of milk. Mine will turn on his diapered bum and ignore me if I read him a story that is not from his “favorite” list.
Here are ten children’s books that have been proven tried and true by my toddler.
- “A Baby Is Born” by Melanie Zanoza bartelme (Author), Steve Whitlow (Illustrator)
- “Little Owl’s 1 2 3” by Divya Srinivasan (Author, Illustrator)
- “Red Truck” by Kersten Hamilton (Author) Valeria Petrone (Illustrator)
- Moby Dick: A BabyLit® Ocean Primer (BabyLit Books) by Jennifer Adams (Author)
- “On The Night You Were Born” by Nancy Tillman
- “Barnyard Dance” by Sandra Boynton
- “How Do I Love You?” by
- “Little Blue Truck” Alice Schertle (Author) Jill McElmurry (Illustrator)
- “In My Jungle” Sara Gillingham (Author) Lorena Siminovich (Illustrator)
- “I Love You Through and Through” by Bernadette Rossetti Shustak (Author) and Caroline Jayne Church (Illustrator)
The best part about this list, is that you can find all of these books on Amazon. I hope this makes baby shopping a little easier for you.
Love & Cheers,